First Nations Student Support
Vancouver Island University is committed to First Nations Learners. We have a province-wide reputation for responding to the educational and community development needs of Aboriginal communities and their learners.
At Vancouver Island University:
- We have Aboriginal ways of knowing and being
- We have a strong commitment to Aboriginal education
- Our Student Services department provides information, support and referrals to assist Aboriginal learners
- Our Elder-in-Residence offers support to faculty, staff, and most importantly, to students
At the Powell River campus you will find:
- A welcoming and encouraging atmosphere
- A campus that provides a necessary starting point for many Aboriginal learners, at any level
- An easily accessible, friendly and supportive environment
We listen to and provide support to students with academic and/or personal concerns. To make an appointment with one of our advisors, phone 604-485-2878 or email one of our advisors.